Donalda MacDonald Memorial Award
Description: CUPE (including the National, Provincial and Local branches) has established an award in memory of Donalda MacDonald honouring over a quarter century as an active member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees. Donalda served in many roles with CUPE Local 1770, as President of CUPE Prince Edward Island Division and as Regional Vice-President of CUPE National before becoming a General Vice-President of CUPE in 2007. Donalda was renowned for her tireless efforts on behalf of all workers, she had a particular interest in womenï¿½s issues, spreading her strength and resources to make the world a better place.
Criteria: Applicants must be entering their first year of studies in a Holland College program. Applications must demonstrate financial need, community involvement and include a short essay on the role unions play in our community. Preference will be given to a CUPE Member, spouse, or child of a CUPE Member.
Applies to: All programs
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write a short essay on "the role of unions in our communities."
- Are you CUPE Member or a spouse or child of a CUPE Member?
- If yes, please tell us the name of the CUPE member and their relation to you.
- Have you been involved in any extracurricular activities?
- Which of the following best describe your extracurricular activities?
- Tell us more about each of your extracurricular activities.
Click the "Add Another Answer" link to enter multiple activities, up to 7.
- 1. Name of organization and/or activity
- 2. Dates involved
- 3. Did you have a leadership role?
- 4. Description of your role and responibilities.